Target Data Breach
Target Data Breach Information
As you've learned from recent news reports, Target reported that it experienced a data breach on debit and credit cards that its customers used to make purchases in their stores from November 27th through December 15th. Unfortunately, some Farmers Bank & Trust debit cards were identified as at risk because of Target's security breach.
Follow these steps to determine if your information was compromised during this incident:
- Review your bank statement or recent activity online through NetTeller at myfbtbank.com or using the mobile app.
- If you notice any unauthorized transactions please contact us at 1-855-855-3268 or visit your closest branch location.
- If you used a Farmers Bank & Trust debit card, you may need to cancel your debit card and have an instant-issue debit card made at no charge, at a Farmers Bank & Trust branch location.
- Be sure to provide Farmers Bank & Trust with your cell phone number by calling 1-855-855-3268 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can contact you directly if we suspect suspicious activity on your account.
Customers of Farmers Bank & Trust can utilize these Farmers Bank & Trust Products and Services to help protect against fraudulent banking activity:
- Enroll in Internet Banking with NetTeller for full access to your banking accounts and transactions
- Download our Mobile App for instant account monitoring
- Enroll in eStatements for secure statement processing
- Set up text alerts or email alerts in NetTeller
- Replace a compromised debit card at any Farmers Bank & Trust location.
For more information regarding the unauthorized access to payment card data from U.S. Target stores, please click here.
Please click here to review a statement released by the Electronic Payments Core of Knowledge (EPCOR), containing relative information to the Target card breach and implications for the ACH Network.